If you are planning to study abroad it is important to make sure that you are prepared so that on your arrival you know what to expect and you can enjoy both studying and living in a foreign country. For most Indian students this can be a little daunting. There are several basic things you are supposed to know to make your stay pleasant.
The important steps to follow are:
- You should have a thorough research about the essential information and resources that are required when you are moving to a new country
- Ensure about the bag packing. Ensure that you are carrying all the essential items that you need when you are about to study in a new country especially all the relevant documents and visas which allows you to study in the country you chose.
- Prepare for living in a new country. Study few culture and some basic local language which will benefit you a lot while shopping and traveling across the country when you are moving to a new country.
- Student accommodation is another main factor. Make sure you arrange about the accommodation before you leave the country. Do a discussion about the accommodation to the corresponding university or ask your seniors or some experts.
- On arrival register yourself with the internal affairs ministry and also try to register with the nearby Indian embassy.
- It is recommended to get a bank account in the country you are studying.This will allow you to pay bills and keep your money safe. For this, you will require a passport, proof of residence and proof that you are a student.
- There are some jobs which are called as ‘blue collar jobs’ which can offer you an opportunity to work part-time and can earn money for your pocket money and enjoyment.
- You can speak to your respective universities regarding finances which will be made available for your studies or else you can also find some external charities that can offer you financial aids in the form of a scholarship for studying abroad.
- Take a new sim in order to make international calls and also you can use Skype or Viber for making calls.
- International student identity card which I have suggested will be of value for cheap traveling charges. It will also enable you to shop across various shopping centers where you can fetch a nice discount with this card.