LaTeX, which is pronounced «Lah-tech» is a document preparation system for high-quality typesetting. It includes features designed for the production of technical and scientific documentation. LaTeX is the de facto standard for the communication and publication of scientific documents.
The main features of LaTex are:
- Typesetting journal articles, technical reports, books, and slide presentations.
- Control over large documents containing sectioning, cross-references, tables, and figures.
- Typesetting of complex mathematical formulas.
- Advanced typesetting of mathematics with AMS-LaTeX.
- Automatic generation of bibliographies and indexes.
- Multi-lingual typesetting.
- The inclusion of artwork, or spot color.
- Using PostScript or Metafont fonts.
This is mainly used for all graduate students as this is needed when you publish your thesis in main journals. If you put on the correct way you will get in the format as it is required. Some are already inbuilt in the software. Another advantage is that you need not get much bothered about the arrangement as it is already inbuilt. If you put on the correct format all will automatically appear. The font, line spacing all initially set and you need not get much bothered about the font throughout which happens in Microsoft word. In a word it is user-friendly. This is not that much user-friendly. But if you know coding and if you like to do coding then this is very simple and time-consuming.
LaTeX is a document preparation system and document markup language. LaTeX is not the name of a particular editing program, but refers to the encoding or tagging conventions that are used in LaTeX documents.